Remember when I said I couldn’t stop eating these chocolate snickerdoodle cookies?
I was not even exaggerating: I had to start giving them away to get them out of the house! They are perfectly soft and crispy and fluffy and chewy and chocolately and cinnamony…. all at the same time. Let’s just pretend that makes sense.
This recipe is from a cookbook I received for my birthday called “Hand Made Baking,” by Kamran Siddiqi (The Sophisticated Gourmet).
There are so many delicious recipes in this book, like nutella shortbread sandwich cookies and lemon poppy seed drizzle cake, but the chocolate snickerdoodles immediately stood out to me. I have never thought to combine chocolate and snickerdoodles (which is why I don’t have a cookbook yet, right? 😉 ). Together, they are unbelievably good!
I also love the personal stories he shares next to each recipe. And the next sweet treat I’m making from Kamran’s book? Nancy Drew Blondies, for sure. Love it (and miss those books!).
Question of the week: what’s your favorite baking book?
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mix the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Next, mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Shape the cookie dough into balls, roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Baking for roughly 10-12 minutes, until done. Let cool slightly, then enjoy!